The position of a QA/QC II - Technician is responsible to coordinate the activities of the workers engaged in QA/QC activities. The QA/QC II - Technician will perform work as required to maximize the quality of the Company while maintaining the specified expectations of the client and ensure safe working environment while performing work and will conduct all Company business in accordance with Company policies and procedures and maintain professionalism throughout all business dealings, both internally and externally.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ensure implementation/administration of the Quality system activities at the job site and assure all work meets regulatory, customer and Company quality requirements.
2. Interact with customer representative(s) on all hold and inspection points.
3. Review disassembly/assembly procedures, customer specifications and Code requirements.
4. Responsible to establish testing requirements, hold points (client inspection), and compile any required quality documentation for the project.
5. Ensure that the project was executed in accordance with code/jurisdictional requirements, customer specifications and Company specifications.
6. Schedule inspections and examinations with subcontractors and customer representative.
7. Inspect all permanent materials.
8. Inspect and examine of in-progress work to ensure that activities meet applicable code/jurisdictional, customer specification and requirements of the Company.
9. Complete and sign applicable forms as instructed by Company.
10. Ensure welders qualifications are current and meet requirements.
11. Provide vendor surveillance as needed and directed.
12. Establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
13. Follow all Company Safety, Quality Control/ Quality Assurance procedures and OSHA guidelines.
14. See, read, write, and understand communication including directions, instructions, and warning signs.
15. Maintain poise and focus under time constraint and adverse conditions.
16. Attend and complete trainings as required by the Company and client.
17. Pass all required drug/alcohol testing and background requirements.
18. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice that are job-related and consistent with business necessity.
This job operates in a petrochechemical / refinery environment. Exposure to cold working conditions during winter months and hot working conditions during the summer months. Exposure to noise, workers must wear protecting hearing equipment or frequently shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level. In an emergency situation, exposure to hazardous chemicals may occur and the use of a respirator is required. All employees will be required to be fit tested for the various respirators used as well as the ability to successfully pass a pulmonary function test (PFT).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position of a QA/QC II - Technician can be extremely physical at times. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required, and for long periods of time to bend, stoop, walk, climb, squat, reach, kneel, push/pull, stand, sit, hand strength and dexterity. A QA/QC II - Technician will frequently lift up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift more than 51 pounds. Must be able to work in confined spaces. Must be able to work at heights and be able to climb ladders and stairways and work off platforms.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
This is a project- based position. Typical days and hours of work are variable/ project dependent. Over-time work is common and may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is expected. Extensive travel throughout U.S. and overnight stay for extended periods of time.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
Stronghold is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Stronghold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, or any other characteristic that is protected by federal, state or local laws.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent Strong understanding of petrochemical/refinery industry and required knowledge of Quality System standards. For safety considerations, must have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English. Must hold a class “A” driver’s license and a clean MVR. Valid TWIC. Basic Plus training. Confined Space training.
Preferred Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or technical degree and 12 months quality and inspection experience in related industry. Valid TWIC. Certified ISO 9001. Certifications may be required and are not limited to: AWC-CWI/CAWI; API 510- Pressure Vessels; API 570- Piping; API 653- Storage Tanks; ASNT SNT-TC-IA Level II- Film Interpretation (RT); ASNT SNT-TC-IA Level II- Penetrant Testing (PT); ASNT SNT-TC-IA Level II- Magnetic Particle Testing (MT); ASNT SNT-TC-IA Level II- Ultrasonic Testing (UT). OSHA 10/30 training.