The position of General Foreman reports directly to the Director of Operations.
· Manage projects and work crews maintaining the quality of work
· Responsible for4 the day-today performance of their personnel
· Represent the company in a professional manner
· Lead by example
· Manage project resources – personnel, rental equipment, company owned and rental equipment/vehicles, etc.
· Examine and inspect work progress, equipment and construction sites to verify safety and to ensure that specifications are met
· Train workers in Company methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures and Company policies
· Assign work to employees based on material or worker requirements of specific jobs
· Confer with managerial or technical personnel, other departments or contractors to resolve problem or to coordinate activities
· Work with planning and estimating staff to coordinate projects
· Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of the project
· Analyze worker or production problems and recommend solutions
· Record information such as personnel, production or operational data as requested/required
· Arrange for repairs of equipment or machinery
· Work with all levels of employees including Directors and Executive branch of the Company
· Perform job history recordkeeping
· Suggest or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers or hires
· Adhere to all Company, State, Local and Federal laws as it relates to Safety, Quality, Production and Service, Employment and OSHA
· Supervises the field execution of projects as required to maximize the quality of the Company standards while maintaining the specified expectations of the Company’s customers and clients
· Responsible for ensuring that all employees under their supervision are performing work in accordance with all appropriate Company standard operating procedures and comply with all known Company and customer safe work rules and regulations as applicable
· Oversee and direct the designated supervisors who will operate all company owned and rented vans/trucks
· Mobilize, manage and demobilize project resources including but not limited to personnel, equipment, and materials
Must have at least 4 years of managerial experience and at least 2 years of supervisor experience with at least 3 different performance appraisals on record. Demonstrate organizational skills, problem solving, prioritizing communication, documentation, leadership, motivational and cooperative team management with critical detail. Must have excellent relational skills with customers, sub-contractors, and subordinates. Must understand and articulate mechanical concepts (i.e. Drawings). Ability to manage multiple tasks and resources. Maintain poise and focus under time constraint pressures and adverse conditions. Must be able to bend, stoop, walk, climb, squat, reach, kneel, push/pull, stand, sit, and lift more than 50 pounds. Must be First Aid & CPR trained. Must hold a class “A” driver’s license and a clean MVR.